Data Warehousing on AWS Training (AWS-DATA-WH)
Data Warehousing on AWS Training Course Hands-on
Data Warehousing on AWS Training course introduces you to concepts, strategies, and best practices for designing a cloud-based data warehousing solution using Amazon Redshift, the petabyte-scale data warehouse in AWS. This Data Warehousing on AWS Training course demonstrates how to collect, store, and prepare data for the data warehouse by using other AWS services such as Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EMR, Amazon Kinesis Firehose, and Amazon S3. Additionally, this Data Warehousing on AWS Training course demonstrates how to use business intelligence tools to perform analysis on your data.
With onsite Training, courses can be scheduled on a date that is convenient for you, and because they can be scheduled at your location, you don’t incur travel costs and students won’t be away from home. Onsite classes can also be tailored to meet your needs. You might shorten a 5-day class into a 3-day class, or combine portions of several related courses into a single course, or have the instructor vary the emphasis of topics depending on your staff’s and site’s requirements.
● Database architects
● Database administrators
● Database developers
● Data analysts and scientists
Duration: 3 days
● AWS Technical Essentials (or equivalent experience with AWS)
● Familiarity with relational databases and database design concepts
What You Will Learn:
● Discuss the core concepts of data warehousing.
● Evaluate the relationship between Amazon Redshift and other big data systems.
● Evaluate use cases for data warehousing workloads and review case studies that demonstrate implementation of AWS data and analytic services as part of a data warehousing solution.
● Choose an appropriate Amazon Redshift node type and size for your data needs.
● Discuss security features as they pertain to Amazon Redshift, such as encryption, IAM permissions, and database permissions.
● Launch an Amazon Redshift cluster and use the components, features, and functionality to implement a data warehouse in the cloud.
● Use other AWS data and analytic services, such as Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EMR, Amazon Kinesis Firehose, and Amazon S3, to contribute to the data warehousing solution.
● Evaluate approaches and methodologies for designing data warehouses.
● Identify data sources and assess requirements that affect the data warehouse design.
● Design the data warehouse to make effective use of compression, data distribution, and sort methods.
● Load and unload data and perform data maintenance tasks.
● Write queries and evaluate query plans to optimize query performance.
● Configure the database to allocate resources such as memory to query queues and define criteria to route certain types of queries to your configured query queues for improved processing.
● Use features and services, such as Amazon Redshift database audit logging, Amazon CloudTrail, Amazon CloudWatch, and Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), to audit, monitor, and receive event notifications about activities in the data warehouse.
● Prepare for operational tasks, such as resizing Amazon Redshift clusters and using snapshots to back up and restore clusters.
● Use a business intelligence (BI) application to perform data analysis and visualization tasks against your data.
Introduction to Data Warehousing
Introduction to Amazon Redshift
Understanding Amazon Redshift Components and Resources
Launching an Amazon Redshift Cluster
Reviewing Data Warehousing Approaches
Identifying Data Sources and Requirements
Designing the Data Warehouse
Loading Data into the Data Warehouse
Writing Queries and Tuning Performance
Maintaining the Data Warehouse
Analyzing and Visualizing Data
Request More Information