DIACAP Training In Depth
DIACAP Training In Depth Course - Public courses and Onsite
Enosecurity offers the most DIACAP Training in-depth course available for students needing to perform DoD Certification and Accreddiation (C&A) duties under the DIACAP (Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process). DIACAP is the standard DoD process for identifying, implementing and validating Information Assurance controls for all DoD Information Systems.
This DIACAP Training in-depth course provides detailed, step-by-step information on how to manage the Information Assurance posture consistent with FISMA, the DODD 8500.1 and the DoDI 8500.2 standards. In the DIACAP Training in-depth class, each DoDI 8500.2 IA control is covered in detail. This includes:
• Control Selection
• Verifying Control Implementation
• Preparation steps prior to Control Evaluation
• Validation using one or more accepted validation methods
The courseware is designed such that it is appropriate for persons acting as the Validator Role, acting as a member of a Validation Team, or persons that undergo the Validation process as a System Owner.
With onsite Training, courses can be scheduled on a date that is convenient for you, and because they can be scheduled at your location, you don’t incur travel costs and students won’t be away from home. Onsite classes can also be tailored to meet your needs. You might shorten a 5-day class into a 3-day class, or combine portions of several related courses into a single course, or have the instructor vary the emphasis of topics depending on your staff’s and site’s requirements.
Our DIACAP training is designed for security officials and their staffs, executives, program managers, and operations staff that are or will be involved with IT system DIACAP.
Duration: 3 days
• Dealing with transitioning to DIACAP head on
• Cost effective security with minimal performance impact
• How to create organization-wide motivation for IT security
• Exposure to the C&A Process and types of risk assessments
• Awareness of strategies for controlling these efforts and gaining additional resources
• Preparing students to meet FISMA requirements while managing their IT systems more effectively, efficiently, and securely
Introduction and Logistics
Exercise – “Build a System”
Quick Review of IA / C&A
Introduction to DIACAP
What Constitutes a System?
The DIACAP Process (DoDI 8510.01)
Introduction to DoDI 8500.2
Mission Assurance Category and Confidentiality Level
Exercise – MAC & CL
Baseline IA Controls (including implementation and validation)
Exercise – IA Control Validation
DIACAP Knowledge Service
Introduction to eMASS
“Automated C&A” Tools
Security Testing Tools
Exercise – Security Testing Tools
Exercise – DIACAP Application
Exercise – DIACAP “Jeopardy”
Course Evaluation / Q&A
Request More Information