JUNOS Security Training (JSEC)
JUNOS Security Training (JSEC) Course through demonstrations and hands-on labs
This three-day JUNOS Security Training (JSEC) course covers the configuration, operation, and implementation of SRX Series Services Gateways in a typical network environment. Key topics within this JUNOS Security Training (JSEC) course include security technologies such as security zones, security policies, intrusion detection and prevention (IDP), Network Address Translation (NAT), and high availability clusters, as well as details pertaining to basic implementation, configuration, and management.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring device operations. This JUNOS Security Training (JSEC) course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the JUNOS Security Training (JSEC) course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.1R1.9.
• Describe traditional routing and security and the current trends in internetworking.
• Provide an overview of SRX Series devices and software architecture.
• Describe the logical packet flow and session creation performed by SRX Series devices.
• Describe, configure, and monitor zones.
• Describe, configure, and monitor security policies.
• Describe, configure, and monitor firewall user authentication.
• Describe various types of network attacks.
• Configure and monitor Screen options to prevent network attacks.
• Explain, implement, and monitor NAT, as implemented on Junos security platforms.
• Explain the purpose and mechanics of IP Security (IPsec) virtual private networks (VPNs).
• Implement and monitor policy-based and route-based IPsec VPNs.
• Utilize and update the IDP signature database.
• Configure and monitor IDP policy with policy templates.
• Describe, configure, and monitor high availability chassis clusters.
With onsite Training, courses can be scheduled on a date that is convenient for you, and because they can be scheduled at your location, you don’t incur travel costs and students won’t be away from home. Onsite classes can also be tailored to meet your needs. You might shorten a 5-day class into a 3-day class, or combine portions of several related courses into a single course, or have the instructor vary the emphasis of topics depending on your staff’s and site’s requirements.
Introduction to Junos security platforms
◾The Junos OS Architecture
◾The Definition of Zones
◾Monitoring Security Zones
◾Security Policy Overview
◾Verifying Policy Operation
◾Policy Scheduling and Rematching
◾Policy Case Study
Firewall User Authentication
◾Firewall User Authentication Overview
◾Using External Authentication Servers
◾Verifying Firewall User Authentication
◾Multilayer Network Protection
◾Stages and Types of Attacks
◾Using Junos Screen Options—Reconnaissance Attack Handling
◾Using Junos Screen Options—Denial of Service Attack Handling
◾Using Junos Screen Options—Suspicious Packets Attack Handling
◾Applying and Monitoring Screen Options
Network Address Translation
◾Source NAT Operation and Configuration
◾Destination NAT Operation and Configuration
◾Static NAT Operation and Configuration
◾Monitoring and Verifying NAT Operation
◾Secure VPN Requirements
◾Configuration of IPsec VPNs
◾IPsec VPN Monitoring
Introduction to Intrusion Detection and Prevention
◾Introduction to Junos IDP
◾IDP Policy Components and Configuration
◾Case Study: Applying the Recommended IDP Policy
◾Monitoring IDP Operation
High Availability Clustering
◾High Availability Overview
◾Chassis Cluster Components
◾Advanced Chassis Cluster Topics
High Availability Clustering Implementation
◾Chassis Cluster Operation
◾Chassis Cluster Configuration
◾Chassis Cluster Monitoring
SRX Series Hardware and Interfaces
◾Branch SRX Platform Overview
◾High End SRX Platform Overview
◾SRX Traffic Flow and Distribution
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help
Request More Information