Junos Security Training | Juniper JSEC Training
Junos Security Training | Juniper JSEC Training Course Description
This three-day Junos Security Training | Juniper JSEC Training course covers the configuration, operation, and implementation of SRX Series Services Gateways in a typical network environment. Key topics within this course include security technologies such as security zones, security policies, intrusion detection and prevention (IDP), Network Address Translation (NAT), and high availability clusters, as well as details pertaining to basic implementation, configuration, and management.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring device operations. This Junos Security Training | Juniper JSEC Training course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This Junos Security Training | Juniper JSEC Training course is based on Junos OS Release 12.1R1.9.
With onsite Training, courses can be scheduled on a date that is convenient for you, and because they can be scheduled at your location, you don’t incur travel costs and students won’t be away from home. Onsite classes can also be tailored to meet your needs. You might shorten a 5-day class into a 3-day class, or combine portions of several related courses into a single course, or have the instructor vary the emphasis of topics depending on your staff’s and site’s requirements.
• This course benefits operators of SRX Series devices. These operators include network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and reseller support personnel.
Duration: 3 days
• Describe traditional routing and security and the current trends in internetworking.
• Provide an overview of SRX Series devices and software architecture.
• Describe the logical packet flow and session creation performed by SRX Series devices.
• Describe, configure, and monitor zones.
• Describe, configure, and monitor security policies.
• Describe, configure, and monitor firewall user authentication.
• Describe various types of network attacks.
• Configure and monitor Screen options to prevent network attacks.
• Explain, implement, and monitor NAT, as implemented on Junos security platforms.
• Explain the purpose and mechanics of IP Security (IPsec) virtual private networks (VPNs).
• Implement and monitor policy-based and route-based IPsec VPNs.
• Utilize and update the IDP signature database.
• Configure and monitor IDP policy with policy templates.
• Describe, configure, and monitor high availability chassis clusters.
Introduction to Junos security platforms
The Junos OS Architecture
The Definition of Zones
Monitoring Security Zones
Security Policy Overview
Verifying Policy Operation
Policy Scheduling and Rematching
Policy Case Study
Firewall User Authentication
Firewall User Authentication Overview
Using External Authentication Servers
Verifying Firewall User Authentication
Multi layer Network Protection
Stages and Types of Attacks
Using Junos Screen Options—Reconnaissance Attack Handling
Using Junos Screen Options—Denial of Service Attack Handling
Using Junos Screen Options—Suspicious Packets Attack Handling
Applying and Monitoring Screen Options
Network Address Translation
Source NAT Operation and Configuration
Destination NAT Operation and Configuration
Static NAT Operation and Configuration
Monitoring and Verifying NAT Operation
Secure VPN Requirements
Configuration of IPsec VPNs
IPsec VPN Monitoring
Introduction to Intrusion Detection and Prevention
Introduction to Junos IDP
IDP Policy Components and Configuration
Case Study: Applying the Recommended IDP Policy
Monitoring IDP Operation
High Availability Clustering
High Availability Overview
Chassis Cluster Components
Advanced Chassis Cluster Topics
High Availability Clustering Implementation
Chassis Cluster Operation
Chassis Cluster Configuration
Chassis Cluster Monitoring
SRX Series Hardware and Interfaces
Branch SRX Platform Overview
High End SRX Platform Overview
SRX Traffic Flow and Distribution
Request More Information