Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training (JB297)
Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training Project-Based
The Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training (JB297) 4-day course provides Java™ developers the knowledge and skills required to leverage the powerful Java Hibernate Application Stack. Through clear interactive lectures and hands-on labs, students are introduced to Hibernate essentials and internals along with its practical applications and best practices strategies.
By the end of the Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training course, students will have learned the best practices to leverage Hibernate to produce and maintain well-designed, robust business applications while optimizing performance and reducing software maintenance costs.
With onsite Training, courses can be scheduled on a date that is convenient for you, and because they can be scheduled at your location, you don’t incur travel costs and students won’t be away from home. Onsite classes can also be tailored to meet your needs. You might shorten a 5-day class into a 3-day class, or combine portions of several related courses into a single course, or have the instructor vary the emphasis of topics depending on your staff’s and site’s requirements.
Enterprise systems architects
Experienced Java developers who work with SQL-based database systems
Business component and database developers
Database administrators who need to understand how ORM may affect performance and how to tune the performance of the SQL database management system and persistence layer
Duration: 4 days
Experience with Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) or Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
A high-level understanding of enterprise software systems development
An understanding of legacy systems integration
What You Will Learn:
Core application programing interfaces for Hibernate (Session, Transaction, Query, EntityManager, SessionFactory, Annotations)
Hibernate Search, Validation, Shards, and Tools technologies
Mapping inheritance and polymorphic relationships
Hibernate HQL, Criteria, and JDBC/SQL queries
Hibernate Tools integrated development environment (IDE)
Best practices and patterns for Hibernate developers
Hibernate deployment, configuration, and performance tuning
Module 1: Understanding Java Persistence
● Learn how JBoss® Hibernate® effectively answers the question of how to represent relational data in an object-oriented environment.
Module 2: Getting Started with Hibernate
● Deploy a simple application leveraging core Hibernate mappings and persistence features.
Module 3: Hibernate Projects and Tools
● Use available JBoss Developer Studio Hibernate tooling to analyze a project's domain objects.
Module 4: Advanced Hibernate Mapping
● Extend Hibernate Entities with built-in and user-defined types and develop robust identifiers.
Module 5: Entity Relations and Inheritance
● Use advanced relational mappings to manage uni- and bi-directional associations, and map Java™ inheritance to database tables.
Module 6: Persistent State and Transactions in Hibernate
● Examine how Hibernate manages the relationship between the data in a table and the values in an Entity, and associate these state changes with a unit of work.
Module 7: Querying Data Efficiently
● Learn how to leverage Hibernate-fetching strategies, query options, and filters to produce efficient queries.
Module 8: Design and Best Practices Review
● Learn the basics of Hibernate design patterns and best practices and how to apply them to build efficient Hibernate systems.
Module 9: Hibernate Configuration and Deployment
● Use Hibernate's highly adaptable framework in a variety of application types, from simple Java standalone applications to full-fledged Java enterprise-class deployments.
Module 10: Hibernate Advanced Frameworks
● Hibernate supplies advanced tooling to assist developers in the areas of testing, validation, search, and spanning database instances.
Request More Information