Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x: Maintain and Troubleshoot Training
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x: Maintain and Troubleshoot Training Course by Example
The Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x: Maintain and Troubleshoot Training course is designed for the IT security management professional tasked with troubleshooting Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x. Students learn how to troubleshoot and upgrade to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x and how to monitor and troubleshoot the SEPM, client-to-SEPM communication, content distribution, client deployments, and protection technologies. The Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x: Maintain and Troubleshoot Training class also covers how to follow Symantec best practices for troubleshooting and remediating a virus outbreak and performing advanced monitoring using IT Analytics.
• Monitor client-to-SEPM communication.
• Maintain a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
• Upgrade the Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
• Monitor and troubleshoot a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
• Monitor and troubleshoot SEPM and client content delivery.
• Monitor and troubleshoot protection technologies.
• Use best practices when troubleshooting and remediating a virus outbreak.
• Use IT Analytics to generate comprehensive reports from Symantec Endpoint Protection.
With onsite Training, courses can be scheduled on a date that is convenient for you, and because they can be scheduled at your location, you don’t incur travel costs and students won’t be away from home. Onsite classes can also be tailored to meet your needs. You might shorten a 5-day class into a 3-day class, or combine portions of several related courses into a single course, or have the instructor vary the emphasis of topics depending on your staff’s and site’s requirements.
• Course overview
• The classroom lab environment
Troubleshooting Techniques and Tools
• Use a systematic approach for problem solving.
• Describe Symantec and third-party troubleshooting tools and how they are used.
• Know which SEPM and SEP client logs to research when troubleshooting specific issues.
• Use the Symantec Knowledge Base and interact with Symantec Technical Support.
SEPM Console Troubleshooting
• Identify critical SEP 12.x services and processes.
• Troubleshoot authentication issues.
• Troubleshoot the embedded and SQL database connection and configuration.
Troubleshoot Installation and Migration Issues
• Describe how data is transferred during replication and know which replication logs are affected.
• Troubleshoot a new SEPM SEP 12.x installation.
• Describe how to upgrade the SEPM.
• Ensure a successful SEPM upgrade.
• Upgrade Windows clients and troubleshoot the deployment.
• Ensure Mac compatibility and troubleshoot upgrading Mac clients.
• Install and troubleshoot Linux client installations.
Troubleshooting Client Communication Issues
• Identify the interactions between the client and the SEPM.
• Identify heartbeat process.
• Locate and configure debug logs for client communication issues.
• Describe communications issues from the client perspective.
• Describe the tools and methods to repair communication problems.
• Identify Linux and Mac communication issues.
Content Distribution Issues
• Determine which LiveUpdate source works best for your organization.
• Examine how the SEPM connects to LiveUpdate and downloads content.
• Examine LiveUpdate logs.
• Manage LIveUpdate for SEP 12.x clients.
• Describe Symantec best practices for managing and monitoring GUPs, and describe the use the Symantec Endpoint Protection Content Distribution Monitor.
• Identify and examine critical SEPM reports for use during a malware outbreak.
• Introducing IT Analytics
• Creating reports using IT Analytics.
• Life of an outbreak.
• Handling false positives.
• Identifying false positives.
• Assess SEP performance using sizing and scalability recommendations.
• Optimize performance for the SEPM.
• Optimize performance for the SEP client.
• Utilities and other resources.
• Case studies.
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help
Request More Information