Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training
Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training Course Description
This three-day short Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training covers the design of unmanned air vehicles. The course will cover the history and classes of UAVs, requirement definition, command and control concepts and UAV aircraft design. It provides first-hand understanding of the entire design and development process for unmanned vehicles from their involvement in the DARPA MAV development and as the lead for the Army’s Brigade Combat Team Modernization Class I, Increment Two vehicle. The instructor is currently working towards first flight and was a key contributor to requirements development, conceptual design, design optimization. UAV’s history will be covered and the lessons learned and the breadth of the design space. UAV’s are and will be key components of aviation. From the nano sized flapping vehicles to the extreme duration of high altitude surveillance vehicles.
• UAV design is not a simple task that can be fully learned in a short time, however, the scope of the problem can be outlined
• The design process is similar to any aircraft design, but there are unique tasks involved in replacing the intelligence of the pilot.
• The long history of UAV’s and the breadth of the design space will be covered
• Lessons learned from experience and by observation will be shared in the course.
• We will cover the tools and techniques that are used to make design decisions and modifications.
• Representative practical examples of UAV will be presented.
With onsite Training, courses can be scheduled on a date that is convenient for you, and because they can be scheduled at your location, you don’t incur travel costs and students won’t be away from home. Onsite classes can also be tailored to meet your needs. You might shorten a 5-day class into a 3-day class, or combine portions of several related courses into a single course, or have the instructor vary the emphasis of topics depending on your staff’s and site’s requirements.
Brief history of UAV’s “How did toys become useful?”
Classes of UAV’s
Rotary Wing / VTOL
UAV Requirements Definition
Command and Control Concepts
Ground based operation
Systems and subsystems definition
System Safety and Reliability Concerns
UAV Aircraft Design
Propulsion and propulsion system integration concepts
Flight Controls and Handling Qualities.
Operational influences on control strategies
Vehicle analysis & how it affects control strategies
Make sure you have enough sensor bandwidth
Making sure you have enough control surfaces / power / bandwidth (choosing an actuator)
Gust rejection and trajectory performance
Case study Examples
Case study 1: Large turbine design
Case study 2: Small piston engine design
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help
Request More Information