VMware vSphere on NetApp Training (VVNA)
VMware vSphere on NetApp Training (VVNA) Course with Hands-on labs
This hands-on 5-day VMware vSphere on NetApp Training (VVNA) class with hands on labs immerses you into the virtual machine management and storage operations spanning NetApp Data ONTAP, VMware ESXi with vCenter management. You will get a hands-on experience using the vCenter NetApp plug-in, the Virtual Storage Console (VSC), configuring and monitoring the VMware host settings, performing backups, restoration, and virtual machine cloning operations.
Managing a vSphere storage virtualization environment requires knowledge of the features that exist between VMware and NetApp to handle large data workloads. The VMware vSphere on NetApp training (VVNA) provides in-depth use of best practices to improve storage resource utilization, simplify operating system maintenance irrespective of the storage topology, data center operations simplification, and optimal use of your NetApp storage. The VMware vSphere on NetApp Training (VVNA) course covers the management of any cloud infrastructure using Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 and the VMware vSphere 6.0 virtualization and management suite.
With onsite Training, courses can be scheduled on a date that is convenient for you, and because they can be scheduled at your location, you don’t incur travel costs and students won’t be away from home. Onsite classes can also be tailored to meet your needs. You might shorten a 5-day class into a 3-day class, or combine portions of several related courses into a single course, or have the instructor vary the emphasis of topics depending on your staff’s and site’s requirements.
● Data Center Operations Professionals
● Cloud Infrastructure Architects
● Cloud Administrators
● Cloud Engineers
● Storage Administrators
Duration: 5 days
● System administration experience managing either the Linux or Microsoft Windows operating system
● Completion of the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage (Version 6.0) (VICM) or equivalent experience.
● Completion of the Data ONTAP 7-Mode Administration (D7ADM) or Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 Administration (D8CADM) or equivalent experience.
● Deploy a virtualized infrastructure using NetApp storage based on the feature integration that exists with VMware vSphere and NetApp ONTAP
● Show a firm and practical knowledge of VMware services, protocols and connectivity options
● Utilize NetApp vCenter plug-ins to ensure proper functionality and performance for virtual machines
● Utilize NetApp Virtual Storage Console (VSC) to automate the backup, provisioning, machine cloning and host optimization configuration
● Perform host monitoring on ESXi hosts and NetApp storage through a single-pane-of-glass. Optimize virtual machine performance and correct virtual disk misalignment.
● Optimize NetApp Storage system connectivity, performance and reliability using Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP), FCoE, iSCSI, and NFS protocols.
● Implement multi-tenancy through the use of vFilers or Vservers
● Configure storage from the vSphere CLI or GUI in either NetApp clustered ONTAP or 7-mode
● Install and configure NetApp vSphere plug-ins and utilize the features
● Perform data storage networking for both iSCSI and NFS datastores
● Manage virtual machine snapshots at both the virtualization and storage layers
● Implement high availability and disaster recovery features
Unified Storage and NetApp Cloud ONTAP
Clustered Data ONTAP
VMware vSphere Overview
What’s New in vSphere 6.0 Platform
ESXi 5.x/vCenter 5.x/vSphere 5.x
NetApp VMware Integration
Software Defined Datacenter
Virtual Storage Console
NetApp Datastore Networking with IP Storage Protocols
Storage Protocol Selection
IP SAN Architecture
VM Datastore Networking FC/FCoE
Ethernet Best Practices
Common Best Practices
iSCSI Best Practices
5.4 NFS4.1 datatores
VSC Non-Disruptive VM Alignment
RDMs vs VMFS Disks
Storage Efficiency with Deduplication & Cloning
FT new features
Principles of Multitenancy and Cloud Computing
Non-disruptive Volume and LIF Migrations
Disaster Recovery and Backup
Planning Service Levels
SnapManager for Virtual Infrastructure
Site Recovery Manager
Monitoring, Performance and Troubleshooting
ESXi Host Performance
VM and Guest OS Considerations
VM to virtualized storage performance
Request More Information